Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Letting Him Go

All she wanted was a love to match her own
Equal parts desire, passion, and lust to stir
Trying to get a fire started she asked for more

She gave him all the answers, but he still fell short
All the clues were given, but they were all ignored
She stopped trying and let him go
At least he could be the one for another girl

Her love wasn't as complex
He didn't have to try any harder
He sacrificed nothing
With her he didn't care to bother

She didn't force her will
She had none to give
 At least they found love, but it was different

He found a love where he felt in control
A feeling he liked that made him feel revived and new
She found herself the submissive her complaints kept to only a few

If I stayed, I wouldn't know what for
I gave him his freedom because I knew better
Than to stay with a man knowing it's over
---------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes when my ex crosses my mind, I think about how we broke up.  We had broken up 3 times, but the first time was his decision.  When he told me, my heart instantly broke and I never even saw it coming.  We would fight, but I thought he was fine.  But looking back, I think men have different communication styles.  I tend to let out everything and I think men tend to silence their thoughts just to get the discussion over with.  I also think he broke up with me because he was going to take a 2 week road trip cross country and didn't have to worry about cheating.

I'm glad he broke up with me first, because at least I know what a broken heart feels like.  We got back together after his trip was over, but after 2 months I broke it off.  My heart was so sore that I couldn't love him the way it was and I've always tried to revive our love, but something in me just died.  I even gave him another chance and I know he tried.  But honest me, just couldn't fake it at love and so that was that.




No comments: