Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Better Day

I never wanted to change you
But a change happened in me
I always wanted to be an individual
But there were things I couldn't do individually

I wanted my dreams to come true
And I realize you helped guide me
I wanted my best foot forward
And you let me fly free

You told me the world was my oyster soup kitchen floor wax museum
A tribute to a band we love to hear and see
You knew much better than I
That letting me go was the only way I could be who I wanted to be

I know you take our wedding vows seriously
You wouldn't do us harm because our love goes on perpetually
I know you're happy the way things are
You are so easy to please

But what you don't know is
That there is always change happening
And that change is that every day you better me

No comments: