Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Love as a tragedy

He left me hanging
A noose around my neck
He agreed that I should go kill myself
"It's not too late" he said

I cried and walked away
Hoping he would give into the chase
Be he didn't do anything
Why would he try

He gave up months ago
And I was the reason why
Saying "I love you" stopped being enough
And I retreated inside

No reason to be out
No mid day stop and surprise
No reason for him to come around
Just reasons for me to die

I gave him all of my keys
My life in his hands
 But he didn't even try to open the door
He didn't comprehend

Even with all the answers I gave him
He still didn't pass

So I compiled all the reasons to end this tragedy fast
No hand written suicide note
If I did, I would have felt better

But this time I didn't put forth the effort
It was time for my life to end
Just time for me to go
Maybe in the after life
Love I will know

No comments: