Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Best Version of Me

He came back crawling
After he broke my heart to leave

He wasn't in love for two whole weeks
So he could be the man he wanted to be

My heart was still open to being with him
And so once more we were together again

But something in me had changed
The light I had for him was growing dim
I knew he couldn't spark it again

He didn't deserve the best of me
The best was waiting for him

I was waiting for a man
Who loved me more than I loved him

Waiting for someone to hold my heart
His hands would put me back together again

The day I saw you
We passed each other in the hallway
But I just wanted to stand there
Just to look at you for awhile

Didn't know what you could mean
So much had happened
But I saw you with me

Til this day
I still can't believe
That you were the man
Who got the best version of me.

No comments: