Thursday, August 22, 2013

Almost Like a Wedding Day

You said I could always make it rain
So when you left Tucson
I was jogging the Hudson
And so it came

To bless this day
While I wait

3 months have gone
Since I have seen your face
But my love grows strong
Even in silence you cannot sedate
The life we live together
Though were apart and far away
Our lives still intersect
We live this life because it's fate

The rain came down on me
But all I could think about was our wedding day

All the emotions rushing in all at once
All of it I wanted to keep and save
Much like today

As the rain poured down on me
I was still happy
Thinking that this is how memories are made
My vision was blurred
But you were my saving grace
Through crashing winds
I felt like the stones on the shore
And you were crashing in like the waves

I was frightened by the lightening
So close on the water while I ran
My heart beat faster
But most of it was thinking of you
The only one I could ever be with
My true love
My Man


No comments: