Friday, October 26, 2012

Breathing

If I take my last breath and leave
I'd find a way to travel to where you might be
I'd defy heaven and hell
And stay in this purgatory

To follow you from place to place
Just to make sure you were happy

From day to day
I'd be by your side
Even if other worlds have a hold of me

They'd scratch, they'd grab and try to pull me through
But you're everything to me and I gravitate to you

I am holding on to your dear life
Even though I'm gone
In life you captured my heart
With you always is where I belong

I'd watch you sleep every night
And make sure you woke up every day
There would be times where I just couldn't watch
I couldn't bare to stay
To watch you love another or be in pain

I'd miss my calling
To make sure you wouldn't break

I'd be your angel
To watch you make great choices
Go through each decision
Watch you fall and make mistakes

I'd wince when you hurt yourself
Feel joy when you smile
Feel alive again for a short while

I'll be with you for your life
Even though I lost mine
I'd carry you through every situation
Walk along side of you for every mile

No comments: