Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bits and pieces

I've been writing a lot of my thoughts down in my journal, but just in bits and pieces of randomness.  I've been listening to a lot of Sera Cahoone and the Parson Red Heads since they will be coming in a few weeks and my husband said that I've been writing in song form.

I have no idea what that means, since I've lost touch with playing any kind of musical instrument since I was 9.  But I always have a song in my head, a tune in my heart, and like to pretend I can sing.  Anyways, here are bits and pieces of my randomness.

Homefront

I want to be selfish with you
All I want is to see you home
So we can spend the day
Away from everyone and be alone

Together we can make our home a fort
Give in to anything we want to
Be sheltered away
Maybe for only the night
Or even for a few days

Time always passes too fast
But in our fort we can slow down the pace
If we don't have fun now
We'll be old and gray

But even then we'd have this place
Your heart has always been my home
And there I'd stay
Forever

Even if our bodies change
Whether you become an animal incarnate
We'll have each other
And we will never see the end of days.

Rearranged

I always thought that
Love could wait
I never dreamed it
Would be here so fast

When you came in
I rearranged
My life and moved on from my past

Our eyes met
In the hallway
I kept walking on
Moving on,
Trying hard to catch my breath

A few years later
Our love is still that strong

Sweet Rain

Rumor has it that November brings sweet rain
But from here it looks like it will be dry
At least for a little while

I love you most when it rains
We laugh and make sure to always play

But it may not come for days

We may be apart until then
I wouldn't want you to see see me this way

Disheartened by couples in love
Laughing and loving when my skies are gray
My smile is gone without you
Only my frown remains

Until I see you next
Can I be happy again
When you come
Be sure to bring that sweet sweet rain

A Dream to Leave

You made up your mind a few days ago
To follow your dreams and leave
You spent days in bed thinking about what you wanted

Tossing and turning
Pounding your pillow
Leaving the room, the bed and me

And then you finally decided
What was good for your needs
I understood the pain in your eyes
The tears ran down
And we could no longer deny

Your dreams were taking hold
And they wanted to soar

As you laid in comfort
I would lay there hurt
Waiting for you to fall asleep

To see you lay there and dream
Your big dreams without me


No comments: