Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Being Distracted

Man, I have so much sewing to do but my thoughts are coming out of me and I get very distracted.  Maybe because I don't really feel like working or because I'm just day dreaming again.  Who knows, but I just wrote this one and as you can tell, I'm slowly updating my blog with some of the poetry I've written lately.  I have a lot of older poems, but I was so young and you know how that goes.

Fame

I open myself up to the whole world
But sometimes I forget to let people in
My life revolves around them
And I forget what matters most is him

They speak the loudest and act absurd
He speaks soft and quiet his voice is never heard
Sometimes I forget he is there
When the superficial world tells me to care
About issues I don't believe in

And it saddens me to play this stupid game
Just for a shot at fifteen minutes of fame
The more I work the more I gain
Losers and degenerates at my doorsteps
Telling me how to plan my day

All I wanted was to balance love
Hold it privately
Have it daily and have some fun

But work and the other life beckons me so far
I don't know which way to choose
Sometimes I want to stay
But someone always pleads their case
It doesn't matter
In either case I lose any way

I'm not sure what's worth it
Not sure what to do
But I do wish for dear life
That you'd speak up
To fight
For what was right for you

I never hear you complain
You act so solemn
Like a portrait of a sad man
In a worn out vintage picture frame
One touch and I fear you would break again

Are we really living life together
Or are we playing their game
We're just pawns to them
Let's live this life our way

No comments: